Monday 8 March 2010

Off the mark!

I've had this blog for a few months but its taken me this long to figure it out and so here is my first post (better late than never!)

I went home at the weekend back to Shropshire - it was nice going back. I went to all my favourite shops (qvc I missed you!) I got to catch up with my sidoli friends and see everyone in shrewsbury ward. Its good to be able to go back somewhere and feel really welcome and cared for! It was also good to drive again - after 3 months of not driving - didn't think I'd miss it! The main reason I went back was to attend a dessert course my mum got me as a christmas present. The course was at Brompton cookery school in Atcham. It was an amazing day which I really enjoyed and would recommend. It was called different and delicious desserts and they certainly were! The day started at 9.45 and ended at 4 and we went away with four desserts at the end which didn't last long! They were tasty and I can't wait to make them again.

  • Orange, chocolate & almond cake
  • Poached pear in cinnamon & orange syrup
  • sticky date pudding with toffee sauce
  • Latvian raspberry & chocolate pancakes (my fave!)

The tutor was easy going and fun and there were only 7 people on the course so it was a good number. We had a delicious lunch of Goats cheese salad made by our tutor and finished off with our very own poached pears served with mascarpone. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the desserts but maybe when I've recreated them at home I can put them up.

2 comments:

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

Sounds amazing!!! I was desperate to see some photos..can't believe you didn't take any! Mom told me tonight that pancake stack was amazing! I really want to try some. I loved the English Cheesecake article...it is amazing waking up at 3am-what dedication! glad it all paid off! hooray for finally getting your blog under way..I'm looking forward to lots more posts!! xxxx

Mel said...

About time too Mar! I can see why you didn't want to take pics! You would look silly if you take pics on your own.... The pancakes sound delish. Do you have the recipe for Arne?? x

Post a Comment